Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Skype in the Classroom

One way to use skype in my profession is connecting with other literacy coaches. I have a few different literacy coaches in the area on my skype. When I am home working on something (or at school) and I need to bounce ideas off of one of them I can just chat with them through skype and talk it over. Another way I discovered this past week is during a conference. I took several teachers to a workshop and I really wanted to be able to chat with them about what the speaker was saying and how it applied to us. I knew sometimes the speaker gave more elementary (K-3) examples and I wanted to be able to talk about how that could look for our building. I checked to see if they all had skype on their iPad so we could have a group chat during the workshop but they didn't. We ended up using imessage which worked fine but skype would have been just as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment