Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Play Week Reflection

I have used GoodReads for book reviews and to see what other people like based on common books. I have found it very helpful. I agree that it shouldn't be used in elementary classrooms. I could see using it with my own child (monitored) but not a classroom. After exploring Big Hue Labs I thought of a few different things teachers could do with it in the classroom. Teachers could create a trading card of the characters in the books, explaining different things about them on the card. Teachers could use the mosaic maker to make their class picture. Each child is in a square. I have seen some teachers use something similar and have students write a word on a card depicting a trait they want to be better at during the quarter. Teachers could even have students write on a card what they want to be when they grow up and take each child's picture. Jing is by far the tool that I am the most excited about of these three. I am envisioning using this for handouts for teachers as well as online tutorials much like what you used for this class. We have talked about doing an online informational video for parents on the report card and I think Jing could be the tool we use to create the video. I have Jing and Big Hue on my list of things to go back and create something with later and am excited to see the endless possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment